SKBSG


SUPPORTS SKATEBOARDING IN SINGAPORE
WELCOME ALL SKATEBOARDERS

SPREAD YOUR LOVE TO YOUR SPORT.

NEVER TOO YOUNG TO START , NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE.

Monday, May 4, 2009

KIA X Games Asia 2009



Skateboard Street

The day's competition finished off with some of the world's top professional skateboarders hitting the street course in the Skate Street final. American Austen Seaholm took home the gold after a flawless first run that set the pace for the entire field. Scoring a solid 88.00 in his first run, Seaholm put the pressure on Brazil's Fabrizio Santos and Carlos de Andrade who each also scored well on their first run.

While Santos and deAndrade had next to perfect second runs, they still could not top the first run score of Seaholm. Santos just edged out deAndrade after landing a more technical trick over the gap, a Caballerial 360. Santos won the silver with a best run score of 83.67 and de Andrade earned the bronze with a score of 82.67.

"I never try to plan out my full run and I knew it was going to be good after I landed my first four tricks clean," said Seaholm. "This is my first time in Shanghai and I could not be more excited to win an X Games gold medal here."

No comments: