Thursday, September 11, 2008
Chuncheon AXF Tour B3 Championship held over the weekend in Chuncheon, Korea.
Four Singaporean Skateboarders in top 10 finals and Muhammad Firdaus Won Gold Medal for Singapore,9 points lead over the 2nd place winner from ROC, TAIWAN.
BACK 2 BACK SKATEBOARDS (B2B) rider Rasidil Bin Rasem - Dde (Singapore) got fifth .
Skateboard Park Final Results.
1. Muhammad Firdaus Bin Abdul Rahman - Firdaus (Singapore)
2. Chen Chi Wen (Taipei)
3. Weerayut Eksirasuwan (Thailand)
4. Tang Chun Yin Johnnie (Hong Kong)
5. Rasidil Bin Rasem - Dde (Singapore) (BACK 2 BACK SKATEBOARDS)
6. Mohmmad Nazeer Bin Hussin - Nazeer (Singapore)
7. Jirawat Pao-in (Thailand)
8. Muhammad Rizuwan Bin Zakariah- Wan Kecik (Singapore)
9. Ji Hoon, Lee (Korea)
10.Kuk Hoo, Kim (Korea)
Skateboard Best Trick Result
1. Indra Leonardo (Indonesia ) - Backside 180 Ollie
2. Geun Hyeup, Song (Korea) - 50/50 Grind
3. Mohammad Nazeer Bin Hussin (Singapore) - 360 Kickflip Reverse
In the past, a doppleganger was a ghostly double of a living person, a sinister form of bilocation that was seen to be the sign of an omen. But, that was during a time when people tied their hankerchief's in a knot to ward off evil and said covering your mouth during a yawn stops demonic spirits from entering your body. Man, we're in the future. We've got more important threats to worry about, like war and robots learning how to love, like in Wall-e or Bladerunner.
Nowadays, a doppleganger's just some dude who looks like some other dude or some gal who looks like some other gal. There's nothing evil about it, nothing sinister; it's just smiles and laughs, whether the doppleganger's so good you wouldn't know which one to shoot at the climax of a movie or so bad you're trying to claim Geoff Rowley looks like Ralph Macchio.
In skating, just like anywhere else, there are some look-a-likes, so from now on I'm having a weekly Doppleganger Day (at least until they all run out). With the recent release of City Skateboard's What the F**k Is a Bachinsky? I found a doppleganger that bore a slight resemblance to Eduardo Craig. Let me know what you think.