SKBSG


SUPPORTS SKATEBOARDING IN SINGAPORE
WELCOME ALL SKATEBOARDERS

SPREAD YOUR LOVE TO YOUR SPORT.

NEVER TOO YOUNG TO START , NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

SKATE NEWS










January 1st, Dave Patri president of the newly formed Life Distribution opened its doors this month and proudly announces its acquisition of Ambiguous Clothing. The company’s head quarters are in Santa Ana, California, which will house a small skate facility and art studio.

Ambiguous Clothing has new energy with new designers and a new marketing team that will evolve the brand into the must have label. The new clothing lines will feature a full range of apparel and several T-Shirt series from the newly formed “Ambiguous Addicted Artists Association” or “4A”. We are encouraging artists to come up with there own unique vision rather than steering them into a single direction. The line will also include array of denim and jackets along with classic flannels and button-ups.

The marketing will be focused on the core skate market with advertising in every major skate magazine and website; details on the all new skate team will be released in our upcoming press re-lease’s and ads.

Ambiguous will be launching their new Fall ‘09 line this January at the Agenda trade show in San Diego, Bright show in Frankfurt and SLATE in Las Vegas, February 17th. The brand also has an extended T-Shirt line available for “at once” that is fresh and highly creative.

Ronnie Creager was one of my all–time favorite skateboarders growing up. A few years back, in 2005, when he rejoined etnies, I couldn’t have been more excited. And a few months later, watching him win etnies GvR… completely killing it, was one of the more memorable contest moments for me in skateboarding. Shortly thereafter, he won the first Lord of the Lines and Manny Mania contests as well, which, to anyone who knows Ronnie, wasn’t a surprise at all.

Ronnie and I got to know one another and skated together and made silly video clips for the etnies website and so on. Strangely enough, this extremely gifted technical innovator, whose incredible video parts, like Super Conductor Super Collider, 411, Life in the Fast Lane, Menikmati, 20 Shot Sequence, Trilogy, Rodney Vs. Daewon, What If?, etc. I marveled at for so many years, was now someone I got to skate with all the time. To this day, I still fan out a bit when he shows up to skate, as is probably obvious from this blog posting already.

Friendship doesn’t really know words like “sponsor” or “press release.” It doesn’t expire or renew or cost money like a contract does.

Friendship is instinctual and friendship is natural, fun and priceless, much like skateboarding is for many of us.

Unfortunately, Ronnie and etnies recently parted ways. This may be the first you’re hearing about it. After the news was broken to me, I saw Ronnie the Damn Am Costa Mesa contest and he said, “Have you heard?”

I instantly knew what he was referring to and I looked at his feet, still etnies-clad. To be honest, I didn’t really care the he wasn’t going to be on etnies anymore. I didn’t see Ronnie as some guy who rode for etnies. I don’t care what shoes are on his feet. He’s an amazing dude. He’s fuckin’ Ronnie Creager, ya know?

He explained the story, the conversation moved on and we continued talking like friends do. And that’s the way it should be… at least I think so.

I can’t wait to see Ronnie’s part in the new Blind video. A lot of people feel that way. I know he’s working really hard on it, especially since coming off surgery a year ago. I know watching it will reinforce to me why Ronnie’s remained at the top of my list of favorite skateboarders for over 15 years now. I’m happy that through etnies, he and I got to know one another and now I have a friend in him. I, and everyone here at etnies wish the nothing but amazing things for Ronnie and we know we’ll see him ripping for a long time to come.

Best of luck, Ronnie, from myself and from all your friends at etnies. Still waiting for you to teach me proper frontside flips too!

No comments: